The Highs and the Lows

Conversations with Lyn are full of highs and lows.

On Sunday for example, she was happy that she got to see Santa again on Saturday.  She had attended the holiday party hosted by one of the support agencies and he "snuck in and snuck back out."  However, she started to get very agitated about one person requiring Mom and I to distract her.

She's as persistent as my eldest child which is to say that she can bulldog a subject when it raises her ire.  She was deliberately tuning Mom out.  I had to pull out the big guns and tell her about how I gave some of the coasters she made for me to a colleague at work.  Her coasters made him happy.  I knew what I was doing and what the consequences would be.  Sometime after Christmas, I anticipate receiving a box with more coasters that I can "give away."  I didn't tell her that I demonstrated the great flying ability her coasters have.


Comments

Popular Posts