I Will Talk To Her

When I call and talk to Mom during the week, Lyn sits right near her to keep tabs on her and our conversation.  She will interject to correct Mom if she says something Lyn deems is inappropriate.  Otherwise, she listens.

About half the time, I will hear "I will talk to her."  It is not a request or a question.  It is a statement of fact.  Mom will hand the phone to Lyn and we'll chat for a minute.  Lyn will usually be the one to end the conversation by turning to Mom and announcing that "She has to go now."  It doesn't matter how many times I've heard this over the past 5 years, it amuses me.  I may not have to go and am usually available to carry on the conversation for some time after Lyn decides she's done with me.  It doesn't matter to her.  She decided she would speak with me and now she's decided she's done.

Last night, she decided she wanted to talk to me so she could tell me she had just tucked Nikka into bed.  She was very pleased with herself for deciding that Nikka needed to be tucked in.  Nikka didn't object.  She welcomed the warm blanket and quickly fell asleep.

It doesn't matter what is going on.  I will always speak with her when she declares that she will talk with me.

Comments

Popular Posts