April Break


It is that time of year when I head off to my employer's annual conference.  The conference has me engaged with clients all day, every day, often into the night.  Fundamentally, I'm an introvert and I find this exhausting unlike my more extroverted colleagues who get great energy from spending the day being on point with everyone they encounter.  Don't get me wrong.  I enjoy the conversations which will be held.  I love seeing someone get an answer they needed or have an "Ah-Ha!" moment.  

At the end of the day, however, I retreat to the solitude of my hotel room to call home and check on my family, to quietly eat dinner in my room and to review the presentation scheduled for the next day.    This year, I get to present material for four of the five days.  My presentations are written and prepped but I will review several more times before stepping on stage.  

The conference is in a city that I've not been able to visit before.  I'm fortunate to be able to schedule a few extra days to stay and explore the area at my own pace with my favorite person at my side.  So, don't expect a post until at least Tuesday, April 21.  

In the meantime, step away from the screen and enjoy the Spring as it blooms around you.  

Comments

Popular Posts