The Fatigue Theory

Lyn's sleeping 14 to 16 hours a day.  She's ready for bed by 4:30 and struggles to make it to the 5 o'clock hour.  We know Lyn sleeps more when she's menstruating.  She always has.  When she didn't perk back up when her period ended, we wondered if the activities at day hab were wearing her out each day.  If so, that's not a bad thing.  We were just watching to see what pattern established itself.  However, for the past two months, the increased need for sleep has really established itself as the new normal.

Mom writes:  "Ok, my theory about why she's so tired after a day at day-hag has been shot down.

I think it makes sense that after working hard all day to stay on task there, she's exhausted and goes to sleep early.  Well, today we stayed inside.  The only thing she did was make her bed, shred some papers and get trash together.  At 3:30, she took her bath and put on clean pi's since she'd worn the others for 23 hours.  Naturally, about 4:15, she wanted dinner.  I tucked her in bed a few minutes after 6 and she was asleep by 6:05.  She was complaining of pain around her let ear.  I looked and saw and felt nothing.  I told her I didn't find anything and she just said "oh."  I think these aches and pains will continue to manifest more and more.

Poor kid."

Comments

Popular Posts