Your Correspondent

"We're Entering the Age of Alzheimer's" is an article that crawled across my desk just last week.  It was published earlier in the month.  The article combines a personal account from the perspective of the author who refers to himself as "your correspondent" along with the statistics surrounding Alzheimer's and the anticipated impact it will have on the human population.

It is a tough article to read for a number of reasons.  There are times when I want to argue with the author's word choice, but I can't.  Despite my role in Lyn's care, I don't have the direct, extended one-on-one care experience to quibble with his words.  The author's points are salient and across to me as brutal honesty; not an attempt to offend or belittle.  That being said, the article is well worth reading.

Comments

Popular Posts