An Unscheduled Vacation

Lyn is having a bit of an unscheduled this week.  Because she's transitioning between day hab programs, she and Mom are finding fun ways to spend their days.  Yesterday they went to Santa Fe.  Today they are going to Pie Town.

When Lyn goes to Santa Fe, the whole point in her mind is to visit the outlet mall.  So that's what they did.  Most of the shops are closed.  Hopefully they'll get new shops in and not have to close up.  Lyn picked out a green hoodie at the Nike store.  At the kitchen store, she just wanted from item to item saying "Look at this.  Look at this."  She was overwhelmed by everything that she saw.

She then wanted to look at the purses at the Coach shop.  Mom was overwhelmed by every price she saw.  Mom suggested that if Lyn needs a new purse they can go to Target.  Lyn gave her The Look.  (I can't say I blame Lyn for giving The Look this time, but I understand Mom's hesitation for buying expensive purses.)

When Lyn asked if it was time for lunch, Mom suggested they visit the Plaza Cafe where we had lunch last month during our visit.  Lyn was fine with that.  She'd gone shopping and that's all that she cared about.  Mom was determined to get more prickly pear lemonade and I don't blame her for that either.  It is delicious and the cafe has the best coconut cream pie I've ever tasted.

Ok... Now I'm envious of their day trip.  I'm not sure I want to hear about their trip today.  They're going to Pie Town to have pie.

Hopefully today is as good as yesterday.

Comments

Popular Posts