Making Faces

Yesterday, Mom and I had our regular Skype conversation.  During our conversation, my Uncle called to speak with Mom for a few minutes.  Knowing the call was going to be just a few minutes, we kept the Skype session going.

Lyn just stared at me.  She wasn't sure what I was going to do or say and was content to just look at me.  I smiled at her and she smiled back.  I crossed my eyes at her and uncrossed them.  She's never been able to cross her eyes.  So, she looked to her left and then to her right.  I crossed my eyes, stuck out my tongue, kept my right eye in and rotated my left eye out and back in, then did the same with my right eye.  (Yes, I can rotate my eyes independently.  I used to think everyone can.  My husband tells me it is not a normal skill.)  She scrunched up her nose and eyebrows and twisted up her mouth.

I was delighted that she was trying to stay engaged and started laughing.  She started laughing too.  She got that we were being silly and started to make faces at Mom while Mom kept talking.  My Uncle asked what was cracking us up and wasn't sure what to say when Mom told him that "The girls are just making faces at each other on the computer."

It only lasted a few minutes but it was fun and spontaneous.

Comments

Popular Posts