Other's Stories

I occasionally listen to This American Life, a weekly public radio show.  I enjoy the storytelling and the format.  When I caught this week's episode, I realized I had never checked the archives for anything dementia related.  Today, I bring you those episodes.

This American Life provides both the audio and the transcripts for their stories.  I think the audio is more powerful and more emotional than the transcripts.  Below, you'll find links to both.

Episode 216: Give People What They Want (Transcript) includes the story of weddings staged for Alzheimer's patients as a way to spark participation from the patients.

Episode 269: Someone to Watch Over Me (Transcript) includes the story of a doctor who becomes the patient after a stroke leads to multi-infarct dementia.

Comments

Popular Posts