Santa's Visit

I used to work for a college and had a boss with a very good heart.  Kevin was a big man who was deeply involved in the communities of the college and his church.  It was December of 2000 and Lyn and Mom were coming to Virginia to celebrate Christmas with us.

When chatting with Kevin one afternoon before they arrived, he suggested we have Santa visit Lyn at my house.  I thought it was a great idea and wondered how to make those arrangements.  Turns out, Kevin had his own Santa suit and played Santa for his church each year.  He offered to come to my place for a special visit.  I brought in a couple of small gifts that he could bring to her and the child of our best friends.

Mom and Lyn arrived from New Mexico.  Mom was aware of these arrangements and gladly played along.  We told Lyn we couldn't go out one afternoon because our friends were coming over to visit them.  Our friends arrived and the visit was well underway when a knock sounded on the front door.

I answered and there on my step was a 6'2" Santa asking for Lyn and the little one.  I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.







Kevin was a great Santa!  The little one was a bit unsure of the situation but was happy to receive a present just the same.  Lyn devoured the attention and the special visit from Santa.  I'm glad Kevin made the suggestion.  He helped make a special memory for my family.

Comments

Popular Posts